Saturday, January 24, 2009

Giving Thanks


One thing that I know with all my being is that life is so much better when you are grateful for all the gifts that are given to you daily. I think it’s so easy for us to get caught up in all that is going on around us that we don’t take time to realize just how many times in one day we are blessed. Every morning when you crawl out of the bed you are presented with choices. The two biggest being that you can have a good day or a bad day. I can promise you if you wake up in the morning and take just a few quite moments to think about just how incredible your life is, you are going to have a wonderful day. No matter what your circumstances are, you have something in your life for which you need to give thanks.

So many times I witness people taking things for granted and my higher self whispers to me, uh… oh, someone is about to get a dose of reality. I have yet to see this fail to happen. If a person brags constantly about a possession, job or situation they have or are in and they carry on as if it is owed to them. Life has a way of stepping in and taking it away. I speak from past experience on this and I have seen it way to many times. Every single day, when you wake up in the morning, you have been given the gift of another day to make a difference in this world.

I’ll be the first to admit, I don’t spend near as much time being thankful for things as I should. I don’t know why, it always makes me have such a glorious day and it’s so simple to do. I have a private spot that I go to and watch the sunrise. Let me tell you, if you want to feel close to your creator, you find a quiet spot. Watch the sunrise, while the entire time saying from your heart, I am so thankful that I woke up with a loving person lying asleep beside me. I am so thankful that I have the eyes to see this sunrise. I am so thankful for the abundance that is given to me every day of my life. I am thankful I have food on my table when so many don’t; I am thankful I have a job to pay that mountain of bills. I am thankful I am in good health. You will be filled a bliss you haven’t felt in a long time and a masterpiece will unfold before your very eyes.

Today’s homework: Give thanks for the blessings in your life…

Sunrise

I would like to suggest each morning when you arise give thanks for at least three things in your life. When you go to bed, say these words. “I am thankful for what you have given me, I am thankful for what you have taken from me and I am thankful for what you have left behind.”

1 comment:

  1. Hello~
    I love the intention behind your blog posts!
    The words you are sharing can make a difference in a strangers life.

    Thanks for visiting my blog and the kind words you wrote and thanks for the words you share on your blog.

    Wishing you a beautiful day!
    Karrita

    ReplyDelete

You decided to leave a comment! That’s great; I want to hear your thoughts on the posts. Thank you for participating.--Randy