Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Light Bulb Moment

I’m not the type of person that reads books just for the story. Anytime I’m reading, it will usually be a book about spirituality, psychology or something else that will enrich my life or help me grow as a person. One of the most inspired times of my life was when I read the book ‘When you can walk on water take the boat’ by John Harricharan. It was a life altering moment for me, finally I found an author that had the same view of religion as myself. At last, someone had put into words what I was unable to describe. It was around 1991 when I was first given this book to read. I can’t begin to tell you how many copies I have given away over the years. I was totally at a loss when I realized the book was no longer in print and I was unable to get a copy of it.

There was no possible way to determine who the last person was to borrow it from me and I had decided it was gone for good. There had to be some way for me to find another copy. Following my instincts I got on line to start searching. I was able to get in contact with the writer via email and he sent me the book I’m speaking of and also the one that followed. He also took a moment to hand write a message in both books on the dedication page. They are two of my prize possessions.

‘When you can walk on water take the boat’ is believed to be the life experiences of the author, but he will neither confirm nor deny the story. At any rate, it is a book that has forever changed my life. It helped add solidity to the beliefs I’ve had since I was a small child. It was also the catalyst that started me on my journey as a student of life.

I want to encourage you to explore new possibilities. Get out of that little box you were placed in as a child and understand that there may be more to life than you’ve been told. Just because you explore other people’s beliefs does not mean you have to accept them as your own and it does not mean that you are less dedicated to your own religion. I explore all religions and condemn none for their beliefs as long as it does not harm another. By approaching it with an open mind, I have learned so very, very much. Some of it I retain, other parts of it I dismiss, but it is all a learning experience.

Today’s Homework: Open your mind to new possibilities…

Book

John’s book is no longer in print, but if you would like to read it you can download a copy of it absolutely free of charge here. There are no catches or strings attached, it downloads the e-book and you can start reading it immediately. It is an extremely generous gift from the author himself to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You decided to leave a comment! That’s great; I want to hear your thoughts on the posts. Thank you for participating.--Randy