Monday, January 26, 2009

Living With Purpose


About a week ago I decided I had to become more focuses on my spirituality. No matter your beliefs, you have to incorporate them in your daily activities. If you are a follower of Jesus, bring him into your life every day, if Buddha is the deity that brings you to a higher consciousness practice daily, if it is the God of the universe or Gaia that give you strength then worship them daily. Sounds easy does it not? You would think so, but the truth is no it isn’t. We get so caught up in living life that we aren’t experiencing it. Before you know it, day after day, after day of your life passes by each day busier than the next. Though I strive do a little “inner work” on myself every day, I find that I am easily distracted by the daily activities and my good intentions fall to the side. I asked myself what I could do to stay focused on my path. Then it occurred to me, everyone is writing blogs these days; I’ll sit down every day and type out what I did to make me more connected and make me a stronger child of light. I’ll keep an online diary, but in the long run how would that help me on my path. Would documenting my studies really do anything to help me stay focused and how would it benefit me in the long run? Then it occurred to me, maybe I shouldn’t do it to help me, maybe it should supply a higher purpose. Maybe I should use what I’ve learned to try and make a difference in someone else’s life. It hit me like a ton of bricks, instead of always trying so hard to help myself, maybe I should channel that energy to a less selfish purpose. What can I do to help someone else? I think that is my lesson and purpose for this particular window period.

We spend our days running around like crazy. We get up, get ready, take the kids to the sitter, go to work, pick the kids back up, go to the grocery store, go home, start supper, wash clothes, clean the house, pay bills take a bath, go to bed and get back up and do it all over again. But in reality when you sit down and think about it, what did you really accomplish? What did you do that made a difference? How did you impact the people you were around today? Don’t get so caught up in daily activities that you forget to live. Not only do you need to live, you need to live life with a purpose. Don’t just exist, do something that makes a difference. Are you sitting there wondering what you can do? I can’t tell you. It has to be something you feel inside and that you can fit into your lifestyle. Ask for guidance, I bet you’ll be shown the path to take. ;-)

Today’s homework: Create an intention and put it into action…

Bamboo

A good way to start in your search for a purpose is to follow the words of Mahatma Gandhi- “Be the change you want to see in the world.” Whatever you feel strongly about is a good place to start looking.

1 comment:

  1. Well, somehow praying has been incorporated as a part of our daily activities. Of course, most of the Indians are losing this too, but spirituality was never separated from our daily life. It is sad though that many aren't following it, which leads to problems in lives...

    ReplyDelete

You decided to leave a comment! That’s great; I want to hear your thoughts on the posts. Thank you for participating.--Randy